Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Golden Citizens Scriptures & Poem

Leviticus 19:32 Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD.

Proverbs 22:1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.

Proverbs 20:29 The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old.

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Sermons We See (By Edgar Guest)

"I'd rather see a sermon

than hear one any day;

I'd rather one should walk with me

than merely tell the way.
---

The eye's a better pupil

and more willing than the ear,

Fine counsel is confusing,

but example's always clear;
---

And the best of all preachers

are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action
is what everybody needs.
---
I soon can learn to do it
if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action,
but your tongue too fast may run.
---
And the lecture you deliver
may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons
by observing what you do;
---
For I might misunderstand you
and the high advice you give,
But there's no misunderstanding
how you act and how you live."

No comments:

Post a Comment