Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lessons from Job, continued... (2/3/2008)

God is Aware of Everything We’re Going Through, at All Times…

In Luke 12:6–7 we are told that God notices when even the smallest of sparrows falls to the ground, and is much more deeply interested in the affairs of His children. Our Father in heaven is aware of everything about us, and even the very hairs of our head are numbered
According to Hebrews 4:15–16, Jesus Christ is our faithful High Priest who was tested in all ways like us and is entirely able to empathize and give us the help we need. In Job 2:10, Job asks, “Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not [also] accept adversity?”

During Times of Adversity, We Should Seek to Grow, Spiritually…

Whatever we’re going through, we can always grow from the experiences we go through. According to Hebrews 5:8, Jesus Christ Himself learned from the things He suffered, and according to John 15:2, we must undergo periodic pruning to stimulate that growth.

Sometimes we will never know WHY We Go Through Trials…

James 1:5 instructs us to seek wisdom from God, and if we do so in faith, He will surely give it to us, but there is no Scripture that promises us that He will grant us wisdom in this lifetime.

God Always Limits the Trials We Go Through…

Despite all he went through, in Job 13:15, Job declared, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” In chapter 19, he declared, “Know that God has overthrown and put me in the wrong, and has closed His net about me.... He has walled up my way, so that I cannot pass, and He has set darkness upon my paths.... My kinsfolk have failed me, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.... I am repulsive to my wife and loathsome to the children of my own mother.” However, he also declared, in verses 25-27, “…I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth…[and] I shall see [my] God, whom I shall see for myself.”
In chapter 14, verse, 14, he asked, “If a man die, shall he live again?” and then offered up the following retort: “All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.”

Ultimately, God will Reward Good and Punish Evil…

In Job 21:7-13, Job acknowledged the fact that, that many times, the wicked live to reach old age and even appear to prosper, but this is only temporal.

Job comments that there are wicked people whose “houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them. Their bull breeds without failure; their cow calves without miscarriage,” but reminds us in verse 30 that “…the wicked are reserved for the day of doom; they shall be brought out on the day of wrath.”


God Restores to the Faithful what the Locust Has Eaten…

In Job 42:12, “Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning.” Verse 10 tells us, “the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends.”

We Emerge When We Learn What God Is Trying to Teach Us...

The Bible reveals to us in Job 32:1-2 that Job’s primary vice was that “he was righteous in his own eyes and that “he justified himself rather than God.” When he came to this realization in Job 42:6, he declared, “Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”

Our trials can make us bitter, or they can make us better! What will we allow ours do for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment